Thursday 1 April 2010

Day 1

I've only just found out about this and I have 40 mins to write my first poem! OK ... It doesn't have to rhyme or anything, does it?!

HIGH CHOLESTEROL

She peered above her glasses,
A priestess of solemnity
And with a tut and a grating
of teeth, she said,
'Statins for you!'

I peered back, eyes wide and blurred,
Shifting forward in my seat
Thinking of the fats and gooey
things I couldn't eat
'Not for me,' I said.

I'd rather starve,
I'd rather be thin,
I'd rather (maybe) even
be dead.

Chocolate is missing
from the diet sheet
Is that a joke,
considering the day and all?
A jovial typo? Hello?

A fifteen mile run
No Hot Cross Bun
Or breakfast in bed
with bacon.

Herring,
Walnuts,
Marmite,
Lentil?

Come on!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

Wife and mother of two boys + a girl cat
Everton fan
Bachelor of Science and Bachelor of Arts
Loves to travel, learn and eat chocolate